Challenge 1- Negative Thoughts: Blocking out the negative noise in your head; Can I do it, I am too fat, look at all those fit people they will laugh at me, what should I wear, I don’t have enough time in the day, I don’t have stamina, it looks too hard, I don’t like the sun, I don’t like the rain, I CANNOT !!
Challenge 2 – Talk Only: Talk is cheap however it does not burn many calories.
Challenge 3- Poor self awareness : You see yourself as fit, you think you can do things, you fool yourself into believing you are healthier than you actually are.
How to overcome these challenges ?
1. You need to really want to do it. This motivation comes from within; look for a reason, wellness , for the family, to look good, to stay young and energetic, to get into those jeans, run a race. Make it specific to you.
2. Acknowledge the negative noise in your head. By acknowledging the noises then you can move on to overcome them.
3.Become more self aware. Deal with the BS, what is stopping me, get honest feedback from family and friends. Ask yourself why why why why why why
4. Get advise from professional fitness and diet specialists.
5. Set a realistic Goal
6. Make a practical & doable plan.
7. Recruit support from friends and family.
8. As Nike say “Just do it “- Start your health and fitness program. Take the plunge don’t waste time thinking about it.
9.Seek support from family and friends, train with a group.
10. Maintain discipline and consistency. If you have a few falls along the way then pick yourself back up and keep going. No looking behind
11. Be realistic – Fitness and weight loss takes time.
12. Make fitness and health a habit, part of your lifestyle
BY THE WAY YOUR CONFIDENCE WILL BUILD AS YOU GET FITTER.YOU WILL START TO REALLY ENJOY IT, FEEL MORE ENERGETIC , LOOK BETTER AND WONDER WHY THE HELL DID I NOT START BEFORE.